Friday, November 16, 2007

These kids are scaring the crap outta me already!


Sooo, we had the first big scare Wednesday, Nov. 14. I have been feeling good, not great, but good, so my friend and I were going out at lunch to Target to return the bigger maternity clothes. I went to the bathroom beforehand, wiped, and there was bright red blood. I, of course, went into full panic mode, ran to my desk, called the RE, who could not take me because there was no doctor. So, D and I ended up heading right to the ER at the closest hospital (GBMC).. the ER sent me to Labor and Delivery, I was not cramping (well, I thought I was cramping but realied this was probably in my head), and the bright red blood trickled to brown... the head of obstetrics came in and did an exam.. said my cervix was closed and my uterus was "big"... so that looked good, then he started to (what I thought) almost lecture me about how bleeding in early pregnancy is common, and how I should expect that, yada yada yada.. kinda made me feel like I was silly for going, but come to find out, he was the most wonderful dr. I think I took things too personally, DH really liked him... they were gonna have me wait for an ultrasound (it was a long wait), but turns out that that doctor is a partner in my new OB practice, that is there in the hospital (for some reason I kept thinking I was going to a different hospital, I dont know), but he came and got me out of the waiting room and walked DH and I up to the practice and had them immediately do an ultrasound to make sure things were ok, he was fantastic. And I got to meet my new OB, she is GREAT! Long story short, the babies are great...they have grown alot in 6 days... we saw a much clearer picture of the heartbeats and we actually HEARD both heartbeats, which was AMAZING! One hb was about 129bpm... I was crying too much to remember the 2nd... They want me to take it really easy, "stay off my feet and no sex"... that was the order...They dont know why I was bleeding, but now it is just a bit of brown spotting when I wipe... the dr told me that my uterus is too small for the babies to fill it now, so there is plenty of room for things to move around and that might have caused it, but absolutely no worries.


Two days later I am still getting a bit of brown blood, but nothing much. I have been taking it easy. Nausea seems to be a constant for me.. whether I eat or dont eat, I feel queasy. I've thrown up three times, not too bad, but just feel yucky!


Should be a busy weekend, going to my friend, Nina's, house Sat night and then to Dave and Wendy's Sunday... I hope I can keep up. The house is starting to fall apart because I have not felt like doing much... Hopefully this yucky phase wont last long.


In other news, we were able to come up with the money for Kelsey's Ocean City trip in January. Woo hooo!!!!


Here are the babies at 6 weeks 5 days







No comments: