Friday, November 2, 2007

Awww, the good old days!

After scouring the internet and stalking so many other posts, I decided to chronicle our TTC journey and upcoming adventures in order to hopefully flash back and remember our infertility "roots."

The future of new family start with the past.

Picture this: (I LOVE Golden Girls) I was married once (a long long time ago) and had two beautiful daughters. Kelsey is now 14, Allison is now 10. After a very tumultous ending to the relationship, I packed up my daughters and a Ryder truck and made the 4 day treck from Dallas, TX to northern Maryland. That was 7 years ago. Wow, how different the Northeast is from the South. I have slowly adjusted to this area and now consider it, to a degree, my home.

Now, the good stuff.... March 7 of 05, after perusing Match.com for months (man, it's scary to date while raising daughters), I met the man of my dreams. D asked me to marry him after 2 months (wow, what a story) and we were married June 3, 2006.

February 24, 2006, D and I were in Chapel Hill, North Carolina to have a tubal reversal with Dr. Gary Berger. I had my tubes "tied" after the birth of Allison back in 1997. When I met D, we both decided that we wanted to have children together. D had no children of his own.

I left North Carolina with two intact tubes, 7 and 4.5 cm.

Moving forward to June 2006, no pregnancy yet, here comes the first HSG. This one showed only one tube opened. We tried and tried, timed and "played". NOTHING.

December of 2006, I went to a new OB who prescribed Clomid, the drug from hell. This OB did not monitor or see me again, and I ended up bordering on hyperstimulation.

March of 07, I saw the creepiest RE. Need I say more. After two sperm analysis, the third showed very poor count, motility and morphology... This RE was not optimistic and treated us like we were buying a new car.. not a baby!

We had a second HSG is April, showing both tubes open! NO BFP...

Enter the Johns Hopkins Fertility Center and Dr Garcia, whom I started seeing in early May. Dr Garcia was sure that we would be pregnant within 4 months. He saw nothing wrong with my tubes, and wanted to try 4 IUIs, then "discuss more options." He was confident... and his confidence and demeanor conveyed to us.

July of 07 brought our first IUI with clomid. We had great follicles, and DH's sperm was great.... I took 7 tests throughout the two weeks, got all BFN... went on vacation, no period, came home, lo and behold, we got a positive... no sticky bean though. This pregnancy did not produce good numbers... and eventually I was diagnosed with an ectopic. I miscarried August 27 and had a D&C August 28... it was horrible!

After we were convinced that the company that we both work for that we were being bought out by a major conglomerate, we scrambled to schedule one cycle of IVF in October. Turns out our insurance covererd all but 10% of one try...

LMP started 9/29/07, we started stims 9/30/07. We took lots of shots, well, I took lots of shots... had egg retrieval 10/12/07. We got 33 eggs!!!

Only 8 fertilized... Egg transfer was 10/15/07, we transfered in 2 8-cell embryos, and froze 6.

Got my first BFP 10/24/07 on 12 HPTs... (I know, a bit overboard!).

First bloodwork, 10/25/07, 13 DPER..... 185

Second, 10/29/07, 17 DPER..... 1101

Third, 10/31/07, 19 DPER..... 2862

We had our first ultrasound this morning....
Take a peek How many do you see?






The Dr (not my dr, but another in the practice), said we see two sacs, possible a third that is a split of one of the smaller... but he is not sure. Then he changed his mind to say he thinks it is just a blind spot on the ultrasound... I dont know!!

So, a two weeks ago we were wondering if I was, indeed preggo... a week ago we were wondering if there were one or two.. now are are anxiously waiting to find out if there are two or three big headed babies in there!



Symptom watch:



Extremely sore bbs... and they are HUGE!!!!!

Very tired by the end of the day

Sorta clogged up (TMI!)

and Im bitchy!!



No comments: