Soooo, we had a busy weekend... Went to my friend, Nina's Saturday night to hang out and meet her brother and sister in from Germany. It was fun.. I got the first, "are you sure you are ready to start over since your kids are grown" talk from someone, but that is to be expected.
Then, Sunday, we went down to MIL and FIL for the Cowboys v Redskins game. I was apprehensive about going down for a few reasons.
1. We took both dogs, as we were dropping Ellie off for the week since we are going to Ohio. I am always so leery of taking parker places since she is still so hyper and it I know W is not so happy about havign them. That was a strain, but D wanted to take her.
2. I know the D's dad is happy for us, but, at the same time, we get the "what are you guys gonna do" talk sometimes and "how are you going to afford it?" question. D finally talked to his dad a few weeks ago and told him not to worry about that, we can figure it out! I know he is happy for us, but W is in her own world since her daughter and grandkid moved in last year. She's just different.
My struggle was the fact that everytime we see them, they have the baby (who is 1.5 now). EVERYTIME, which is great, but it begs the question... are they gonna love our babies the same, or just see them casually? They raise that baby.. he spent the night and whole day with them, and when his loser mom showed up from work, she stayed with him for an hour and left him for ANOTHER night... because she had to be at work at 8am.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... welcome to the world of having kids... she left her two daughters with their dad.. so she does not take care of them, and sees them 3-4 times a year. What kind of mother leaves her kid for two nights in a row?
I hate the fact that we left there upset... but we did. 90% of the free world is not like D's dad or brother and does not make well over 100K a year... most people have to restructure and struggle to make ends meet with kids.
I just feel like our kids will not be as loved as that baby, since they raise him, and that we will be left to fend for ourselves because we struggled so long to have these babies. I hate that, but I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment