So, it's been a while since I was here last. Thanksgiving came and went. We had a great time in Ohio with D's mom. We visited an Air Force Museum that was so cool and hanging with the family was fantastic!
To be honest, though, I did not feel like his family was excited for us, at all. We came home to his dad being a butt head, of sorts. D had to drive down and pick the old dog up and bring her home and he ended up having a long conversation with his dad. It seems to have gone very well. He was able to express all of his concerns about being lectured about money, responsibility, etc. He vented and his dad listened.
The great thing is that his dad sent him a fantastic email afterwards saying he was proud of hte man D has become and he really appreciated D venting.
I wish I felt like people are excited for us, instead of that "you guys dont know what you are doing" look.
I hate that.
I managed to raise two great girls by myself. I am sure that between the two of us, we can raise twins. But our parents are so concerned with how we will afford it (as we are!). It kinda breaks our hearts.
On another front... the girls seem to be willing, to an extent, to help out a little more around the house. Maybe me screaming at last night's shot convinced them. D has been spectacular.. helping out at home and also bringing home work to make extra money. He really takes care of me. I have been nauseas on and off for several days... on the way home from work I KNEW something was coming up and had to hang my head out the window. Nothing came, but I felt horrible! I've been eating like a horse and have gained quite a bit of weight.. I look FAT!!! not round, but FAT!
Oh well.. Im trying today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment