Monday, December 31, 2007

What a year

I thought I would pop in and reflect on a great but trying 2007 and have something to prove to myself later on that life is not always bumpy! I have so much to be grateful for.

2007 brought....

-a very fun vacation with our family to Mexico. The cruise ship was fantastic, and after the initial bumps and bruises... the trip was fantastic! We had so much fun exploring the ship, eating sooo much food and just having a grand old time!

-a fun visit from my PIA sister and her family. They all came up in June and stayed for 10 days... we were able to go back to NYC and stay the night there and had so much fun! Even though she really irks me, I do love her.

-my girls growing up even more. Kelsey turned 14 in August... wow. Allison hit double digits with 10 in April. Sometimes, when I look at them, I honestly can not remember what it was like when they were little. It was like a different life. They were so little and sweet. Now all we seem to do is fight and argue, and occasionally snuggle. I love those girls so very much. I wish I got to spend more time with them!

-the harsh reality that the girls will be grown and out of the house before we know it. Kelsey will be a SOPHMORE next year, and Allison will move into Junior High.

-10 m0nths of constantly trying to get pregnant. Another HSG showed both tubes open. We got to visit a creepy RE before finding Johns Hopkins. I think I got felt up! EWWWWW. We had a big scare when one of D's sperm analysis came back with very low numbers. For about two months, we thought his boys might be the issue. I felt so horrible for him!

-the JOY of finding out that our insurance would cover 90% of one cycle of IVF. ER was Oct 12, which would be the day of conception for all you numbers nuts. ET was Oct 15. Two embryos went in, two babies are currently growing in my belly.

-visits from Grandmas... even if we go a bit crazy for a while.. the visits are always fun and good for us all.

-jobs STILL, thank God. We have gone through some unsure times since the merger of PHH by GE was announced. We are still waiting for news, but at least we still have jobs.

-new friends... Nina and Jenn at PHH have been good friends to me.

-a one year wedding anniversary and 2.5 years with the man of my dreams.

-losing Parker, but gaining Rocky.

So, it has been a good year. I can't believe how time has flown. Hard to believe that next year, we will have two babies to care for.

Im so grateful, although I rarely think about it, and express my thankfullness to God, I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband, two great kids, two PIA dogs that I love, and two babies growing.

No comments: