Friday, December 28, 2007

AHHHH, Christmas! and updates

Need to catch up...
First with babies... we had the first trimester genetic screening Wed., Dec 26 and got two late Christmas presents. The babies have officially been named Baby A and Baby B for the remainder of the pregnancy. I can not believe I am in the second trimester!

A very nice ultrasound technician had me lay down on the table (fully clothed, YEAH!) and proceeded to show us our tiny babies for about an hour. She was looking to measure a fold of skin on the back of their necks and check their nasal canals to determine the level of risk for Downs Syndrome (because, lest we forget, of my advanced maternal age). Long story short, the babies both seemed to measure great!

Baby A is turning out to be the brat of the two... he or she would NOT wake up for an extended period of time, even with alot of bouncing and prodding from the tech, ON TOP OF MY FULL BLADDER. When Baby A was awake, he or she would flip flop and not get into the best position. Baby A is a brat. You can see a head and body in this pic, and a leg if you look close enough.

Baby B, on the other hand, was a little angel... flipping and turning in all the right directions. Baby B is a little higher up, so it might have been easier to see him or her. Baby B showed up some moves... dancing and hiccuping alot. You can see Baby B's head, body, leg and foot in this pic, a much better pic.



And my favorite pic... a tiny hand out of the blackness.



So, all in all, the babies are growing by leaps and bounds. They are getting big. Approximately 3 inches each now and about 2.0 grams. We saw their heartbeats and heard the chug chugs. Baby B was 150, Baby B was 148 BPMs. D was absolutely flabbergasted with the whole thing. He was in awe and was like a little kid... so excited. Im so grateful that I have him.


Christmas came and went. My mom came in town last week and has been ok, save for a few minor episodes, but once D's mom was with us Christmas Eve, started being so weird and obnoxious. For Christmas, between the new puppy, Rocky (see below), and the kids, both moms were on my very last nerve by 8pm... I was in bed by 8:45. I hate feeling so stressed, but I was just a bundle of nerves. D's mom left last night after a rough day. I dont know what it is, but every time my mom is around other people, she either clams up or really really opens up and is obnoxious. They are so different, and seemed to get along, but I knew D's mom was ready to go home. It makes me feel bad, but I can't make everyone happy. I need to realize that.



So, Christmas Eve lunch went well, we had fun.




Christmas was great! The kids got almost everything they asked for. Overall, the weekend and Holiday were good. I just find myself worrying too much and getting upset for no good reason.



I need to chill out.

Pics from Christmas...






No comments: