So, the past 24 hours has been plain crappy. On the way home last night, Allison called me and said that Parker, our two year old yellow lab, bit Kelsey. Now, knowing the issues we have always had with Parker, I thought, well, she nipped her.
The truth is... Parker got Kelsey's hand pretty badly. She scraped it up and left a deep puncture would between her middle and ring finger. We spent two hours at the medical aide unit, instead of 5 at the ER... had to fill out another bite report (that is two for parker), and will have to go tomorrow to a surgeon to see about getting Kelsey's hand sewn up.
And, tomorrow morning, we have to take Parker back to the SPCA, where we got her over a year ago. We have known all along that she comes with alot of baggage, but this is the last straw. The kids cried all last night, and I found D sobbing at his desk today, it breaks my heart. We all love that stupid dog, why can't she love our kids? She would be fantastic with just adults, but with Kelsey and Allison, and now twins on the way, it is way too risky.
Knowing that we are doing the right thing, and praying that she finds a good home does not take away the pain of giving away a family member. The girls love her, although she is such a b**** to them most of the time. I love her, but D really loves her. She is his dog through and through. the SPCA told me we MUST bring her back there, or we would be liable for any further bites. They will quarantine her for 10 days, then hopefully be able to adopt her out. Please God let them find her a good home with just adults. I hate the alternative thought. Even though she is a dog, she is a member of our family.
I also dread hearing the lectures and I told you sos from his family next week. His mom is coming in Monday, and has already tried the "I knew it" tactic. And we are having lunch with his dad and brother and family Monday, and I know when they see Kelsey's hand they will freak and try to lecture.
Parker will be gone as of tomorrow morning, and I will take Kelsey to hopefully get her hand stitched up.
What a sucky day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment