Went for another growth ultrasound yesterday.. 32 weeks 6 days. We were honestly a little afraid of what Jake would measure, since he has been so big, and we were very surprised. His measurements put him with an EDD of June 3, as opposed to July 5... his approximate weight was 6lbs 15 oz. That is almost 7 pounds....he is the size of an average 38 week baby, at not quite 33 weeks.
Annabelle is growing steadily and measured with an EDD of July 7. Her approximate weight was 4 lbs 6 oz. She is growing right on track for a 33 week baby.
Needless to say, the dr was VERY concerned and had me scared out of my wits. She is so concerned that his size will not allow the placenta to keep up with his needs. She has changed my schedule from 2 times weekly to 3 times.. 2 NSTs, one exam and 3 sonos.
She will do an amnio on Jake at 36 weeks, June 9, to see if his lungs are mature enough to deliver, and if so, they will be delivered via c-section June 10.
I am so worried about them coming that early, as I hate the thought of them having to stay in the NICU, but what can I do? Thank God my body is not showing any signs of pre-term labor, no dialation, etc. I want healthy babies to be delivered... she is worried that with his size he will be pretty sick, as bigger male white babies struggle if they are born premature, more than girls.
For now, both babies look great, and they move all the time.
I am miserably uncomfortable with almost 12 pounds of baby in me, hard to get comfortable to sleep and hard to get comfortable even to sit, but I will do whatever is best for these babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment