We had our 26.5 week appointment yesterday. This included a growth scan for the babies.
Annabelle weighed app. 2 lbs 3 oz. Right on schedule, in fact she is measuring with a due date of 7/3/08, instead of 7/5/08... two days early! We got a great 3D pic of her, and we could clearly see her eyes and nose... she seems to have my big bulbous nose, it is rather wide. She is so adorable, though. I cant wait to hold her!
Annabelle weighed app. 2 lbs 3 oz. Right on schedule, in fact she is measuring with a due date of 7/3/08, instead of 7/5/08... two days early! We got a great 3D pic of her, and we could clearly see her eyes and nose... she seems to have my big bulbous nose, it is rather wide. She is so adorable, though. I cant wait to hold her!

Jake weighed app. 3lbs 3 oz. At first, the size difference seemed to really concern the ultrasound technician, who steadily went about measuring both babies' hearts, cords, blood flow, etc, focusing mainly on Annabelle. We were scared, to say the least when she said this was unusual, the size difference. Then she stated that she does not interpret the ultrasounds, the dr does and she can not tell us what this might mean... HOLY CRAP!

So, after running back downstairs, almost yacking in the hall (I had my gestational diabetes test), to get my blood drawn, we had my exam and met with the dr.
First things, my cervix looks great (YEAH!)... and I only gained 3 lbs this time. That puts me at 41 total.... (like that makes me feel better!)
The dr was very concerned with the fact that Jake is so much bigger. She diagnosed twin discordance, but said when that happens, typically one baby is much smaller than the norm, not much bigger. We asked if this might be an indicator or some chromosonal abnormality, ie Downs, etc., and she said no... babies that are smaller than normal tend to be more at risk. Perhaps he is genetically inclined to be a big boy (HELLO! look at his mom and dad). But she is concerned that his placenta will not be able to keep up with his growth.
So, starting next week, I am to be seen twice a week. I will have a fetal stress test one day and an ultrasound biophysical for the babies the other day. This will be somewhat of an inconvience when I start working from home, but I must do what I must do for the babies.
She thinks everything will be ok, but wants to keep a close eye on the babies, for which I am grateful.
We were scared for a bit, and I still have moments of OMG, but I trust the dr and trust God that everything will be ok.
Also, I am trying to stop freaking out about money and who will take care of the babies... I know God has a plan and I really need to start trusting that. I really need to do that for my sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment